Our terms and conditions explain responsibilities, obligations and rights of all parties in the agreement.
Our master insurance policy means we are able to provide insurance on your behalf. Any insurance from us will be made in a separate agreement. We state below our liability limitations – you will also need to seek an insurance specialist to cover your goods.
Items that may be included in your quotation
The following must be agreed upon between both parties in writing before work can commence:
- The dismantling or re-assembly of any fittings or furniture.
- The dismantling or re-assembly of any appliances. The disconnection or re-connect of any fixtures or fixtures.
- The re-laying or taking up of any floor coverings.
- Loft items can only be moved when safe access to the loft space is provided. The loft area must be properly lit.
- The removal or storage of any items that are not specifically mentioned in our clauses.
The following points must be agreed between both the parties in written form:
- Payment must be made prior to the storage of items.
- The agreed price must be paid in full.
- Any amount overdue will be charged daily interest at a rate of 4 percent per annum.
- Payment for removals charged on an hourly rate must be paid immediate on the completion of the work.
- Man-Van.co.uk accepts payment in card and cash only.
- Payment may be made via debit card for customers who are not at the destination to make payment.
- Payment must be made through the customer’s own debit card or a card where they have full authorisation from the owner.
- International removals must be paid by card. 50% of the total cost must be made before work commences.
- Removals charged at a fixed quote must be paid by card with 50% of the payment being made before the work can commence.
Liability regarding damage or loss
If any goods are damaged due to our own negligence or breach of contract we will not be held accountable for losses equalling or less than 150 pounds. If the loss is greater than this mentioned amount we will pay a sum equivalent to the cost of repair or replacement.
Making a claim
If any of your items are damaged in transit you must notify us in writing via email. We will not be held accountable for claims unless we are notified within seven days of delivery of the goods.
Under these terms we are authorised to dispose of or withhold any of your goods if full payment is not received. This can include any charges that we incur on your behalf. Other charges may be added to your initial quote in relation to any costs we may raise in regards to withholding your goods.
Disputes and claims
We may appoint an independent arbitrator in cases of unresolved disputes. Costs incurred regarding this will depend on the discretion of the Arbitrator.
Charges that we levy for storing goods are reviewed periodically. We will give notice of at least one calendar month, in writing, of any change in storage charges.